Wednesday, December 07, 2005

They's declaring war on JesusMas!

Not one, not two, but Three-count'em-THREE LTEs in the GDP about how those no good secular humanisticals are killing Christmas.

Angela Arce from Duluth gives us:

We have allowed our country to be watered down to the point where we do not stand for anything. I am a Christian and I am happy to acknowledge Kwanzaa and Hanukkah along with my friends and neighbors. I am taught through the word of God to love everyone and not to judge. I am leaving the judging part up to God; he's much more qualified than me.
If possible, I would like to know other stores who choose to banish the word Christmas. I'll be happy to take my money elsewhere.

Jane Vineyard, also from Duluth (someone slipping some nog into the water there?) gave us the barftacular:

Jesus is the reason for the season! If folks get offended, it is because they don't understand the true meaning of Christmas. To repeat the words from an old, old song that Gene Autry sang:
C is for the Christ child, born upon this day
H is for herald angels in the night
R is our Redeemer
I is Israel
S is for the stars that shone so bright
T is for three wise men, they who travel far
M is for the manger where he lay
A is all he stands for
S means Shepherds came ...
And that's why there's a Christmas Day.

And lastly, we have this two word review

Shit sandwitch.

er, I mean this, from the Bufordians Sue & Ross Skinner:

Don't take Christ out
Yes, too many retailers are taking Christ out of Christmas.

I can see how it took a collaborative effort to pen such a mighty, festive manifesto.

|